Yesterday, I wrote about compromise and the large, seemingly impossible, compromises made to create our Constitution. In the larger lens, I also discussed how Election Day is our way of impacting the system. Candidates are not perfect. Usually our choice on the ballot is also a compromise based on the known beliefs and supporters of our chosen candidate. Our vote is our way of showing those in power the direction we wish our government to go.
States rights I hope are the new norm. Migration patterns prove me out with no democrat holding state wide office in Florida. The fact is freedom is freedom to f up and we all get to do that experiment at a state level. As it should be. We are the United States and not the federal republic.
As our founding fathers said we are a republic and not a democracy where 51% enslaves the other 49%